Be amazed by the rural town of Lierde, stay at B&B Roeskouter and discover the magnificent Flemish Ardennes and everything this unique region has to offer:
its rolling countryside
its breathtaking views
the most beautiful hiking and cycling routes
the delicious local produce, museums and the historical heritage
Hostess Vanessa and her family are pleased to welcome you!
B&B Roeskouter is situated:
- in a byway with local traffic (in a tranquil environment, but nearby are places to eat and grocery stores)
- within walking distance from the station, the town hall, the community centre ‘de Lier’ and sports park ‘De Zandloper’ in Lierde
- centrally between Brakel, Geraardsbergen, Herzele and Zottegem (Ninove, Oudenaarde, Ronse and Zwalm are nearby too)
The guesthouse is on the attic floor of our clergy house.
A separate access, the garden and a wide cast-iron staircase lead you to the roof terrace with its wonderful view across the garden and the pool, the open country (‘kouters’) beyond and the hills.
The roof terrace opens on to the shared breakfast and relaxation lounge with large windows (with the same view as from the terrace), kitchenette (equipped with sink, hot plates, combination microwave oven, refrigerator with freezer compartment, facilities for making tea and coffee, glasses, utensils, crockery and cutlery), tables, chairs and a small sitting area (2 single sofa bed chairs in the dormer window - can be converted to 2 extra beds when a group rents both rooms).
B&B Roeskouter is full of light and has a country, romantic touch.
The shared breakfast and relaxation lounge leads to the guest rooms, with all modern conveniences:
- Kartuizer (up to 3 guests)
- Cendrine (up to 4 guests)
Each room has a private bathroom (with washbasin, toilet, shower, towel rack and hair dryer), heating and air condition unit, digital tv (with Netflix) and free Wi-Fi.
What makes us even more unique:
- our breakfast with local produce
- the heated swimming pool (from April to November)
- nearby is the sports park ‘De Zandloper’, which features a wood chip running track, a big lawn, 4 petanque courts, a skatepark, 1 multisport court, 3 tennis courts and 2 padel courts (by day on weekdays you can easily book a multisport-, tennis- or padel court, at night and at the weekend the options are limited). In the sports park you can also join the mountain biking trail of South East Flanders, which adds up to 509 kilometres.
- the scenic and rolling countryside of the Flemish Ardennes offers numerous trails where you can walk or cycle to your heart’s content. The rural town of Lierde also reveals its beauty along the hiking trail ‘Kartuizer’, the cycling trail ‘Pater’ and in Parkbos-Uilenbroek nature reserve. Spread across Lierde are 32 benches where you can relax and enjoy local sights and curiosities.
Cyclists can experience their own Tour of Flanders along the challenging slopes nearby.
- savour the region’s culinary speciality: ‘mattentaart’ (curdled milk pie), and the beers for which the region is renowned
- free car parking (not secured) at the B&B
- your four-legged friend is welcome after agreement (1 dog per room; dog crate mandatory in the room; keep your dog on a leash outside the room)
- Pairi Daiza, elected Europe’s best zoo, is only 32 kilometres away (a good half an hour’s drive)
Room based on 2 persons sharing (without breakfast):
From April to October and during (Belgian) school holidays: 105 euros per night
From November through March, except (Belgian) school holidays: 90 euros per night
Children under 3 years: you can bring your own travel cot, also free travel cot available
Extra bed (ages 3 and up to adult): 15 euros per night
Extra: when a group rents both rooms, 2 extra beds can be provided in the shared breakfast and relaxation lounge (2 single sofa bed chairs - 2 x 80x200 centimetres)
Dog: 10 euro per stay
(only after agreement - 1 dog per room – dog crate mandatory in the room)
Adults/children ages 12 and up: 14 euros/person/day
Children under 3 years of age: free
Children from 3 to 12 years: 7 euros/child/day
From 3 nights on: enjoy a 10% discount on the accommodation costs at a multiple nights’ stay from the 3rd night on.
Payment on the spot: only cash or Payconic. Credit cards and cheques are not allowed.
Check-in: between 4 and 7 p.m. – Check-out: between 10 and 11 a.m.
Your reservation will be confirmed by e-mail, after receipt of the prepayment or the total amount.
The total amount is due 1 week prior to arrival.
If you cancel your reservation up to 1 month before your check-in date, you will receive a full refund of your deposit, less an administrative charge of 25 euros. If your cancellation is less than a month before your check-in date, we will withhold your prepayment, but we will refund it to you if we can let the room to other guests.
If you transfer your reservation to a third party, we need prior written notification, otherwise the cancellation policy will apply.
Would you like to give someone a gift voucher so they can discover the Flemish Ardennes from B&B Roeskouter? Do not hesitate to contact us by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone:+32 (0)496/05.69.74.